CPAC Awards 2015-2016
Nominations are now closed. We will honor CPAC winners at our Drive In conference, Friday, February 12, 2016.
ACPA will also hold a banquet for all winners during their Convention in Montreal March 5-6, 2016.
Below are the Award Categories that members submitted nominations for:
- Significant Research/Publication: To call attention to a significant piece or published report having both intrinsic merit and educational significance for the field of student personnel; recipients of this award must be a practicing professional, faculty member, or masters or doctoral candidate in higher education, or the author of a major book or article appearing in a journal in the field of student personnel.
- Outstanding Service to the Association: To honor a member of the College Personnel Association of Colorado for outstanding service to the Association; recipients of this award must be members of CPAC, ACPA and must have contributed outstanding service to CPAC.
- Outstanding Commitment to CPAC Organizational Growth: To honor an outstanding professional for innovative contributions to CPAC growth and development: recipients of this award must be CPAC members and active members of the organization.
- Outstanding Undergraduate Student Leader: To honor an outstanding undergraduate enrolled at a Colorado institution who has demonstrated leadership at the institution, has contributed to the student affairs area, and has a desire to begin a professional career in the field.
- Outstanding Graduate Student: To honor an outstanding graduate student who has made a significant contribution to their campus and/or the profession through their studies and/or work contributions. Recipients of this award must be full time masters or doctoral students at a Colorado institution.
- Outstanding New Professional: To honor an outstanding new professional for a significant/innovative contribution to their campus and/or contribution to the student affairs profession; recipients of the award must have three years or less of full time experience in student affairs.
- Outstanding Professional: To honor an outstanding professional for a significant/innovative contribution to their campus and/or contribution to the student affairs profession; recipients of the award must have four or more years of full time experience in student affairs.
- Distinguished Service to Higher Education: To honor a professional with over 10 years of experience who has given distinguished service to higher education and whose contributions and demonstrated commitment have improved their campus climate and/or the field of student affairs. Recipient must be a faculty member, administrator, or staff member at a Colorado institution.
Other Award Opportunities at ACPA:
Please consider re-using your nominations at the national level or within specific area-specific commissions!