Getting Involved with CPAC
The first step in involvement is membership, but we hope your experience with CPAC doesn’t end there. We have a great lineup of events coming up during the 2019-2020 academic year and we’re always looking for new committee members and institutional contacts. If you would like to get more involved with CPAC events and initiatives, please contact us on our social media!
Annual Conference Team
CPAC hosts an annual conference once a year that usually takes place in late January/early February. Be a part of the conference planning team and learn how it all works! There are many tasks that involve a wide variety of time commitments, so we should be able to find one that fits your schedule.
We would like to have one contact at each institution that will share upcoming events and information with other student affairs professionals that may not be CPAC members.
Institutional Contact duties include:
- Distribute membership brochures and drive-in conference information on your campus
- Have your name listed as the institution contact for your campus in the CPAC directory
- Pass on e-mail notices to your campus colleagues about upcoming events
- Recommend a replacement should you take a position at another institution
- Share the names of new student affairs professionals from your institution with CPAC
- Suggest presenters from your campus for topics generated during the year
- Suggest topics for professional development
ACPA Carnival Committee
At the ACPA National Convention, all branches of ACPA are asked to participate in the Carnival by setting up a table. As a state division we highlight things about our state and CPAC and have games, giveaways, and fun items. We need members of CPAC who are willing to help coordinate this event, and it is our hope that at least one person from the committee attend the national convention.
CPAC @ ACPA Reception Committee
CPAC hosts a reception at the ACPA national convention in conjunction with other institutions in the state of Colorado. This committee selects refreshments and organizes the agenda for the reception.
Awards Recruitment and Review Committee
CPAC has developed awards to recognize the achievements of our colleagues in higher education around the state. This committee publicizes the awards and solicits nominations. Other members of this committee review nomination submissions and select recipients.