CPAC is the state division of the national organization ACPA (Association of College Personnel Administrators). CPAC is committed to providing local, cost effective, professional development opportunities for all members and institutions within the state of Colorado.
CPAC is currently seeking committed higher education and student affairs professionals to serve on the CPAC Executive Board. Board positions are professional development opportunities strategically designed to contribute to supporting and advancing higher education and student affairs practice through events, information, and online content. CPAC, along with ACPA, are currently rebuilding what it means to be a student affairs professional. Board members need to take initiative, be highly self-motivated individuals, willing to collaborate with others across the state, and committed to advancing the profession through local opportunities.
In addition, board member expectations include:
- Serve a 1-year term, with the option to renew for a 2 year; if a term is vacated mid-year, the president will appoint a replacement until an April election can be held
- Commit to responsibilities of a given position
- Work 1-4 hours per week to CPAC work (will vary throughout the year)
- Attend one hour bi-monthly phone/online board meetings
- Attend socials/professional development opportunities as available
- Attend the Careers in Student Affairs Institute and Annual Conference
- Uphold CPAC Mission, Statement of Inclusion and ACPA Mission and Strategic Imperative for Racial Justice
- Must be employed in a higher education setting within Colorado
- Commit to moving the organization forward in a positive and energizing way
- Willingness to grow and learn about leadership for a professional development organization
Current Colorado ACPA Leadership Opportunities Available
Also, we have three positions open, the President-Elect, Membership Coordinator & Graduate Student Representative. Please apply here if you are interested! We look forward to working with you!
Please click here to see a pdf of the Position Descriptions.